"We have grown about 30% as a result of Tentacle Inbound making sure our site has reached the top of the search engines across our market."Brian Nauert, Founder of Bugs by Brian
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the very foundation of your digital marketing strategy. When it comes to your website and other owned digital assets, "If you build it they will come" does not apply. Your website content needs careful tailoring to key terms that your target audience will search for to help ensure that you show up in their search results - ahead of your competitors!
We will evaluate which keywords and topics best match potential imasearchers' queries for your business's offerings, yet are attainable and realistic to compete on within your organic search competitive landscape. Through a thorough analysis of your website and other digital assets, we will help you determine how to best fulfill searchers' needs and optimize them for maximum visibility in organic search.
Comprehensive SEO Audits
"Their detailed site audit was a great foundation to start rebuilding the site the right way, but it was their insights into the changing world of SEO and methodologies to improve on-page engagement that were invaluable." Thomas Wolff, CEO of Resume Mastermind
An SEO site audit is typically the first step you should take to begin optimizing your website. It's an opportunity to take an objective look at your website and find key opportunities to optimize your website and help your brand rank better in the search engines.
In our comprehensive SEO website audits, we examine your site thoroughly from the perspective of a user, as well as from the perspective of the search engines. We present a clear, easy-to-understand website audit that serves as a line-by-line on-page and SEO checklist to improving your website, also with recommendations for off-page optimization, technical SEO and conversion rate optimization.
Here's what's included in your custom-tailored SEO audit checklist:
- Technical SEO Checklist: We will examine your domain registration, domain authority, domain and page canonicalization, indexing, XML and HTML sitemaps, HTML validation, crawl errors and warnings, page speed recommendations, mobile accessibility, HTTPS status, 404 handling, redirect usage, pagination, robots.txt file, meta robots tags, and Schema structured data markup.
- On-Page SEO Checklist: In this section we will assess your website's information architecture and URL hierarchy, navigation, content quality and quantity, keyword optimization, duplicate content concerns, title tags, meta description tags, content headers and subheaders, internal linking strategy, top keyword targets based on initial keyword research, and image/video/multimedia optimization.
- Off-Page SEO Checklist: If applicable, we will provide recommendations on local/places/maps listings and local optimization. We will examine your backlink profile health, the integration of your social media marketing into SEO, video channel optimization, off-site multimedia assets and more. If it is a part of your online marketing mix to drive traffic to your website, we can review it for you in this audit.
We frequently add to these SEO audit criteria as search engine best practices change. If you are overwhelmed with all there is to do to successfully optimize a website and get found by the search engines, let us give you a roadmap. Our SEO audit is the guidance you need to take the guesswork out of search engine optimization for your website. We will provide you with a prioritized list of recommendations to get your site performing at its optimal level - and then start executing!
It all starts with technical SEO - ensuring the basics of your site are in good working order. This includes a careful examination of the following and many, many more:
- Errors and Warnings
- Mobile Accessibility
- HTTPS Status
We evaluate your website from top-to-bottom to identify gaps and opportunities to improve technical optimization on the site, which helps ensure that searchers and search engines alike can easily access your website and deliver it high in the rankings for your target key terms.
Did you know that more than 91% of searchers do not navigate beyond the first page of organic search results? How about that more than 60% of clicks go to the first three search results, and a full 1/3 of clicks go to the first search result only? While organic search results are becoming more and more personalized, it is more important than ever to show up as high as possible in search results, for as many people as possible, for as many relevant keywords as possible.
After we've established a strong technical SEO foundation for your website, we then examine your on-page search engine optimization efforts. This content marketing and optimization is the bread and butter of SEO. Without excellent, tailored, targeted content that is optimized to be found by Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines, your website may not be as visible as it should be for your customers online.
Just a few of the on-page SEO items we help optimize, among many others:
- Content quality and quantity
- Keyword and topical optimization
- Information architecture and URL hierarchy
- Title tags and meta description tags
- Image, video and multimedia optimization
Our extensive keyword research and on-page optimization plan can help you show up in the right places, at the right time, in front of the right people, for the right key terms relevant to your business. Let us help you prioritize the best on-page SEO ideas into an actionable SEO checklist that maximizes the visibility of your website in the search engines when your potential customers search for what you have to offer.
Off-page search engine optimization typically comes into play after your website’s on-page optimization factors have been addressed. It's important to ensure your house is in order first, but after that you must think outside the website! We will help you develop off-page SEO strategies to help build your reputation, visibility, reach and real estate in search with digital assets beyond your brand's official website.
We can provide recommendations for optimizing the following, and many other, digital environments;
- Local listings and citations – We optimize local listings for brick-and-mortar businesses, icluding Google+ Local, Bing Maps, and other high-quality local directory sites like FourSquare, Yelp, Facebook, Acxiom and more. Optimizing local listings for search can help ensure your business shows up in local listings when someone is searching for a physical location - especially on mobile devices, when user action is imminent!
- Backlink profile optimization – We can analyze your website's authority, as is derived from links from relevant and authoritative third party websites. We recommend high-quality relationship building and linkbuilding strategies for your team, as well as compiling lists of target sites to contact for quality backlinks. We also help businesses identify potential issues or algorithmic penalties from poor linkbuilding practices in the past, and help develop strategies for digging out of the penalty.
- Video channel optimization – Does your business have awesome visual content to share on YouTube, Vimeo and your own website? Awesome! Video is bigger than ever. It's important to make sure it gets found so as many people as possible can see the great stuff you're creating. We can optimize video content for maximum visibility in organic search.
- Social media profile optimization – Don't forget to optimize your social media profiles to be found in search results, not to mention being sure your posts can show up in the social feed for relevant key terms.
We perform these off-page search engine optimization services and many more - just ask! These days it's not enough just to optimize a few tags on your website and expect the traffic to come pouring in. It takes networking and outreach to really expand your brand into the spaces where your target customers are and capture more market share. Together we will develop a custom interactive strategy that best reflects your brand and fulfills your customers’ needs by integrating all your digital assets in a more powerful way.
Ongoing Search Marketing Strategy
You will often hear that SEO is a marathon, not a sprint - but there is truly no finish line to SEO. With an average of 500 to 600 algorithm updates every year in Google alone, it is important to have a continual, ongoing SEO strategy to stay ahead of your competitors.
The world of search engine optimization is constantly changing and advancing. We will stay abreast of all the latest industry changes and best practices and ensure your SEO always meets today's best practices for organic search. We proactively produce ideas to grow and expand your site's content, not just maintain the status quo.